Your campsite for cycling
Cycling and camping are a winning combination for your next holiday. Plan your family cycling trip to discover the riches of Normandy. Our campsite L'Étang des Haizes is the ideal place to stay for cycling or to go for a nice ride on the many cycle tracks: Vélo dans la Manche.
Our campsite is located at the crossroads of the greenways that link La Haye to Portbail, Bricquebec, Carentan and Coutances, passing through Lessay and Périers, so you can travel the Channel from North to South. Embark on a bike ride to discover the country roads, offering natural landscapes and small heritages: VTT Manche.
Our programme for cycling around our campsite
L'Étang des Haizes Campsite has the "Accueil Vélo" and "Bonnes Adresses" labels.
We have taken care to set up many facilities to facilitate your stay and your future bike rides with Services accueil vélo :
- Bike shelter and luggage storage
- Sheltered dining areas with picnic tables
- Repair equipment and cleaning area
- Bike rental and accessories
- Luggage transport with La Malle Postale
- Breakfasts or snacks (on reservation)
AND, we have accommodation for overnight cyclists!
Discover the nearest cycling routes to our campsite:
- La Lande de Lessay : Landes and bocages characterize this very easy 29 km ride. Follow an old railway line for a few kilometres, from Coutances in the direction of Sottevast. Situated on the edge of the Ay marshes, this walking trail takes you through hamlets with the rural architecture of the region.
- Moors and marshes: This route is easy thanks to its gentle relief. Sometimes very wet, it is best to walk its 37 km from April to October. Along the way, you will discover the typical landscapes of the region: moors, wet bocages and marshes.
- La Haye-du-Puits to Baupte: On this ride, you will cycle through a succession of beautiful landscapes and nature spots. Don't miss the magnificent sunrises and sunsets over the marshes on this 13 km ride.
- Mont Castre: On this historic 12 km walk you will discover the remains of an ancient Roman camp, the ruins of a castle and a covered walkway. The landscape also offers beautiful views of the surrounding bocage. This is a very accessible circuit, ideal for your family outings.
- Not forgetting the Vélo-Maritime!
To fully enjoy the camping spirit after your rides in the heart of nature, join the other campers for a themed evening organised by our team.
The Normandy cycle route network has around 550 km of greenways, inviting you to combine cycling, heritage and gastronomy. Discover Normandy by bike.